Comprehensive security concepts for protecting
Extensive security measures have applied for ships and port facilities around the world for more than 10 years now. Implementation of the ISPS Code is associated with significant expense for shipping companies and operators. You can rely on KÖTTER Security for the design and implementation of security solutions for maritime hazard defense.
The ISPS Code
Understanding that ships and port facilities are the targets of attacks and many other criminal acts, the IMO (International Maritime Organization) has implemented measures for maritime hazard defense in the so-called ISPS Code (International Ship and Facility Security Code). Shipping companies and operators of port facilities in and associated with international shipping traffic must identify and evaluate potential weak points and use them to create a hazard defense plan. This hazard defense plan is the foundation for the implementation of wide-ranging structural-technical, organizational and personnel security measures.
Recognized organization for hazard defense
As a so-called Recognized Security Organization (RSO), KÖTTER Security is authorized to accept a wide range of hazard defense responsibilities in port facilities. These include the creation of risk analyses and hazard defense plans, as well as the implementation of resulting security measures.
Smart Security Solutions
For more security in port facilities, KÖTTER Security offers a variety of solutions and services, such as:
- Creation of risk analyses and hazard defense plans
- Assumption of PFSO (Port Facility Security Officer) function, or deputy function (PFSO Assistant)
- Inspection of crew and suppliers
- Inspections of passengers and luggage with handheld and gate detection systems
- Checking access and entry authorizations in or on the port premises
- Patrol and area guarding services on the entire port area
- Guarding of docked ships
- Security training (awareness) of employees on ships and in port facilities
- Electronic identification recognition in the area of supplier traffic
- Installation of hazard alarm technology (e.g. access control and video surveillance technology)
- GPS locating of ships, containers and machines via the KÖTTER emergency and service control center
- Connection of the entire hazard alarm technology to the KÖTTER emergency and service control center